05 July 2011

Not Guilty?! Seriously?

I'm not sure how I feel about Casey Anthony being found not guilty of murdering her daughter Caylee. I've thought her guilty this entire time to be honest but maybe I didn't have all the evidence? Obviously I didn't. I would like to think that the jury did their job to the absolute best of their abilities and to the letter of the job, and that the defense team was utterly brilliant, but when I close my eyes all I see is a girl partying in the days after her 2 year old daughter went mising. I am a mother of a 12 year old, opinionated son who has always been the most important thing in my life and I can absolutely promise the entire world were he to go missing I would NOT be partying, drinking, dancing or getting tattoo's, but that's just me.

I'm hoping that in the days that come, as the juror's speak and let us know what they thought, about the evidence and how they came to their verdict that they explain it enough for us all to understand. I mean even her parents thought she was guilty! However I'm not convinced her parents are the epitome of virtue anyway, though I don't believe in the sudden abuse claims against her father either. I'm hoping they will go on television soon and say "You didn't see what we saw, hear what we heard and this is exactly why we found her not guilty." and that I'll go "Well duh, I would have found her not guilt also.". As it goes now? I feel an injustice was done to that poor, beautiful, dead little girl.

Of course all I know about is the partying, the photo's of Casey drinking and that tattoo 'Bella Vita"...The Good Life. I suppose that could be in memory of her life with her daughter, that being a mom was the good life, but the timing sucked then. Maybe she just handles stress differently than I do. Just 'cos I would be a basket-case doesn't mean Casey Anthony would. We're probably nothing alike, I hope. I tend to always see the best in people and if I have to be honest? I'm more than a bit niave when it comes to people, I like to think we're all good at heart. I mean sure there are the Jeffrey Dahmer's out there in the world but even he admitted he was a monster and deserved the death penalty for what he'd done, and in the end received that via other inmates. I guess in the end we all get what's coming to us, and Casey Anthony will too. Are we just a rabid culture that wants blood immediately without knowing all the facts? Have we not progressed past those days when people would pay to watch men fight lions? Have we not progressed beyond enjoying watching a public hanging? I mean it disturbs me that I would have been pleased with a guilty verdict, I thought she was guilty, but I wouldn't have wanted her to get the death penalty. Of course Caylee wasn't my kid. See, I'm a bit of a head-case when it comes to this whole thing, I do NOT believe in the death penalty because I feel that every life should be as important as the next, but if someone hurts or takes my son from me and the world? Well that's when I kill that person so I guess I'm safe as that is not the death penalty and it would be a sin I'd gratefully go to hell over.

I'm yammering, excuse me. Back on track now.

Casey Anthony was found not guilty and people are insane over this verdict, most people (myself included as I've admitted) had her tried, convicted and put away. It's driving me nuts what those juror's know that I don't! I honestly thought she would be found guilty, I thought the evidence, the partying, was damning. Obviously it wasn't and I want to know WHY! I'm much too nosey to not know! And what kills me most? It's over now. Casey can do a dance on the tables and laugh and explain exactly how she killed her daughter and nothing could be done about it. Damn that double jeopardy thing. I dunno...this is giving me a headache now...I'm going to keep further opinions to myself until I learn more and I just wonder if she'll serve time for those four counts that she was found guilty on? And I wonder if she does do a year for each count as it's being thought will happen, will some inmate do away with Casey the same way Dahmer was done away with? Those women would sell what soul they have to hold their kids, will they tolerate this young woman to live? I'm sure most of them, that know about this (which I'm sure is just about all of them), will think she's guilty, will they take matters into their own hands? I do believe, down to my soul, that you get what you deserve in the end, OJ did. Maybe OJ isn't in prison for murder but he's where he deserves to be.

I am amazed at the verdict, I cry for little Caylee..that poor baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment