24 May 2012

OMG DID YOU HEAR..?

You know what I'm really sick of? The media. The media that goes after entertainers so relentlessly that they can't even scratch their backsides in public. I say that if say Brad Pitt is in public with Angelina and the kids trying to enjoy oh I don't know, an ice cream cone for the littles, they're there for the kids, as a family, so they have as much a right to be left the hell alone as us "regular" people do. I mean could you stand having people pushing and scratching and running up to you 24/7 to snap a photo of your kids and you every single second? I sure as hell wouldn't want that, no way. When Brad is with the fam he's off limits imo. When he's on the red carpet or at the premier of his newest film then yes, take all the photo's of him you want, even of the kids if he's brought them along, but when he's being dad? Leave him alone. Now I just used Brad as an example 'cos he popped into my mind, I could have used Simon Lebon or John Taylor just as easily but figured maybe one or two people might not know who they were and thus wouldn't get the gist of my ramble. Now don't forget one thing, I'm a rabid fan of bands like Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet and Depeche Mode. I've gone from city to city to see these bands, I've driven hours to see the same tour and I've camped out in front of hotel's for a gander of a hottie. However I've never, not once, gone up to anybody I adore when he's been with his family. I respect them enough to give them the privacy every single human being on the face of this earth deserves and most enjoy. When they're onstage they're SIMON LEBON, but when he's with Yaz and the girls, he's Simon Lebon. There's a line and I do not cross it. I may go and pass out quietly in a corner somewhere but I won't even take a photo of them from afar. No honest, I won't. I've been in this sitch before, and I did not humiliate myself by ignoring my morals. I'm so proud of me.

So I'm really doubly sick of someone's sexual preference being splatted all over everywhere. I don't give a shit who's sleeping with who, unless it's me, which it never is. ::sigh:: Wednesday the headlines were full of Jim Parson's because some felt that he'd finally come out of the closet. Well I'm sorry but if you were surprised that he's gay? You've never paid attention to him. Not that he's flaming or anything, but even my 13 year old always thought he was gay. It's not a big deal, he's been with his partner for 10 years so obviously they're in love and that makes my heart very happy for him. I think he is a brilliant actor and his Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory is my ubur-favourite character right now, maybe even of all time, and I do not care what he does in his personal life. As long as he's happy, not hurting anyone, what does it matter? Why did that suddenly have to be made such a big deal? Bless him and his partner, may they live in sublime happiness for the rest of their lives. 

Why are we, as American's, so fucking consumed with what actors and musicians do in their personal life? Are we trying to live vicariously through them? Really? I mean if I wanted to be an actor or musician I imagine I would have gone out and done it or at least tried, so why would I want that lifestyle? I like my lifestyle. I'm a mom. I love that. Mom. I'm content. I do admit I like hearing when stars get married, when they have babies and when they're happy and have the world at their fingertips...but they should be let alone in public 90% of the time. I dunno, maybe I'm stupid, maybe I'm just not properly star-struck but I tell you, when I met Spandau Ballet in '09 and I looked into Gary Kemp's lovely blue eyes? Star struck doesn't begin to cover the emotions that went flying through me. I have my moments. Meeting Pink Floyd's David Gilmore was a definite high light of my life. Meeting John Candy (RIP) was another. When I met Anne Rice I was nearly speechless and Davy Jones did strike me speechless for a few moments. When John Taylor held my hand between his leather gloved hands I was woozy with pleasure and couldn't stop sniffing the lingering smell of that rich leather left on my hand all the way home but I would never ruin a night out on the town for him and his lovely wife, though I would love to meet her as well. Actually I always wanted to meet Simon Lebon's wife just a bit more than Simon...I just adore her. Weird. But alas, I stray. These are just people, people. They've been luckier than most, are talented at something most of us cannot do or maybe never thought to try, but they're not better than everyone else nor should they be put on a pedestal. Thing is they still use the loo, they still get sick, they still mess up and they have their own famous person heroes that shine bright in their eyes. Ok I think I would probably burst into tears to meet David Bowie, but who wouldn't? Seriously I would have a breakdown. I mean he's DAVID BOWIE for hell's sake! I'll meet him one day, I meet everyone. I'm lucky that way. But I only bother them when they're being their alter-ego's, not when they're being dad or hubby. Never then.

No comments:

Post a Comment