01 March 2012

2012...The End?

First let me start out by saying my heart is still heavy over the loss of Davy Jones. I still cannot believe he is not in this world! I just hope wherever he is he fully realises how loved he was and will always be!


Ok onward now....

So the Mayan calendar says that the world is going to end on 21st December 2012. Well sorta anyway. You get many different interpretations of this theory but the one that rings most true to me is that, since it's been crumbled and the end destroyed, either the person who was writing it dropped it and figured "Oh well, time to move on I suppose." or the end of what that person who was writing it was incapacitated in some way so the calendar was unable to be finished. I do not believe that we have less than 10 months of existance left.

That being said, is it just me or is the weather wackier than usual? Now understand one thing, I have a great, GREAT love of everything weather related and I got this love from my grandpa. Some of my greatest memories of my grandpa were sitting on a porch of wherever we were living or at, watching a storm come in. He taught me a lot about weather and it was one thing out of many we shared a passion for. I gotta say I know something about weather, about weather patterns and I know that things come and go. Warmer winters come and go and then they cycle colder again, same with all seasons. And precip, I know it comes and goes in cycles. It just, however, seems to me that we're having more storms with intense, horrifying outcomes than we used to. Now I've lived 44.5 years and have never been in a tornado. I've witness many, many intense, exciting storms (I'd make such a GREAT storm chaser btw!) and I've seen skies turn black at noon, but never was in a tornado. Thank goodness 'cos who wants that right? I gotta say, however, seeing all this crazy weather going on around me? Chicago having a very pleasant winter (hardly any snow, hardly more than 10 days under 32 degrees which is unheard of just about), Chicago missing every major snow storm this winter (sure we did get a couple storms but nothing massive like we had last winter), and now with all these tornadic thunderstorms surrounding us I can't help but wonder when it will be our turn? Is this gonna be the spring where I'm trying to figure out is it best to fall with the building or have the building fall on me when the tornado hits or should I just run to my parent's house before the tornado hits, it's something that keeps my PJ awake at night 'cos there is nothing that freaks him out more than a bad thunderstorm. A few years ago we were caught in a terrible storm and there was a funnel cloud and it just scared the hell outta PJ, who was about 9 at the time. He's not built like me, who saw my first funnel at a much younger age and it excited me...but of course I had my grandpa with me and knew he'd keep me safe no matter what. :o) So really I'm wondering when that other shoe is gonna fall. We've not had a tornado in my area since the year I was born, 1967, and that was a devastating storm from what I'm told. It's gotta be in the cards one of these years right? Is all this wacky weather a precursor to the end of the world? I gotta say I doubt it. I think it's all still cyclical. So it's gonna be in the 60z next week, that's good right?! I know I'll have every single window open for business!

No comments:

Post a Comment