16 May 2011

Funny kitties!!

I have 3 cats, Thomas, Raelyn and Cressida. Cressida's the baby and Raelyn hates every inch of her guts but hey, Cress isn't that thrilled with RaeRae either. Thomas is a laid back baby and plays with both his girls. Thomas and Raelyn are fully grown cats, hell Thomas is nearly 12 years old, but they both eat poor Cressida's kitten food, it must be better tasting than regular cat food. Oh well, tough. They get hungry enough they'll eat it, right? As I live and breathe and type, Thomas is finally eating his own food! Talk about perfect timing! The biggest problem I'm having now is the fact that both girls hate each other but Raelyn adds to it using the bathtub as a litterbox....soooooo I went and bought her her own covered litterbox. Sure I know there is absolutely no way to keep the other two out of her litterbox, I don't mean it's literally hers but she's why I went and got it, so I hope she appreciates it. Hurumph. Cressida is running around like a kitty who lost her kitty mind right now, Raelyn isn't impressed nor is Thomas, but that's just 'cos she's running full speed and sliding into him as he's trying to eat. Poor Thomas. ;o)

I've had Thomas since he was a year old so he's my old boy. When we got him, for my birthday, I had another cat called Lestat and he was the kitty love of my life, the first cat I ever had. In 2007 I noticed poor Lestat's health was getting worse and worse, he was 16 years old and losing weight rapidly. At full health Lestat was a big boy, robust but not fat and just the sweetest baby ever. When I first got him, he saved my life. How? Well this was back in 1991, my brother and I had spent a lot of money on each other for our Xmas gift, we went in half on a 500 dollar VCR. So in April, barely a month after I got him, we were having a wicked thunderstorm with brilliant yet dangerous lightening (I'm a thunderstorm enthusiast) so, because the outlet that the VCR was plugged into was connected to an outlet on the outside of the condo, on our balcony, I went to unplug it because I didn't want lightening to fry it. Just as I went to unplug the thing, yeap, lightening hit it, but instead of me touching the plug at the time? Lestat ran full blast right into me, knocking me over just enough that I wasn't electrocuted. Good kitty eh? The VCR was fried, of course, but I was still alive and from that moment on? Lestat was a very, very pampered baby. So when I noticed he was sick I went and found out that he had cancer so this one weekend I noticed him take a turn for the worse, I had planned for him to be put down Monday morning but my boy decided to pass away in the basement by himself. That was a horrible thing to find, my beloved Lestat dead on a cold floor, alone. I still hurt over that. He should have died in my arms, knowing I loved him. I have his ashes and I never thought I'd ever feel for another cat what I felt for Lestat but then there was Thomas. I swear he gave me a couple days and then became glued to my side. He really helped me through losing my Lestat and turned into this goofy cat that had nothing but sweet meow's for me and nuzzles. I may not love him like I loved Lestat but that's just 'cos you can never love any 2 things the same way. When it's his turn I will keep his ashes also, but god I hope that's years and years and years away.

So I have these crazy cats now, 2 girls who hate each other and a guy who's just laid back and watches it all. I swear if it's the last thing I do I'll get my girls to be at least tolerated pals!

No comments:

Post a Comment